quinta-feira, 18 de março de 2010

My Name is Khan - My Name is Khan and I'm not a terrorist!


This is the latest movie by Karan Johar, my favourite Bollywood, well the only, producer I really like, I've seen all his movies and they are great!

My Name is Khan is the story Rizwan Khan (Shah Rukh Khan), a Muslim man. Rizwan is not like other people, he has some kind of illness that not even doctors can say what that is, but it makes him being afraid of new places and the yellow colour. He spent his childhood in India with his mother, but when she died Khan (the way everyone called him) he moved to the USA, to live with his brother Zakir (Jimmy Shergill). While trying to adapt to the new city, Khan falls in love with Mandira (Kajol) and eventually manages to get married with her, as she is divorced and has a son, Sameer aka Sam (Yuvaan Makaar). After their marriage they move to a new city, which proves to be hard for him, but Mandiras' love for him helps him getting through it; and also Mandira and her sons' surname changes to Khan (which is related to terrorism). Because of that, Sam is killed by some boys at school, during a ridiculous fight in which his best friend was also present, but unable to do anything. When Mandira sees her son dead in the hospital, throws Khan out of the house accusing him from being the guilty of Sams' death. And makes him promise to just come back, only when he meets the President of USA and tells him "My Name is KHAN and I'm not a Terrorist", that's when his loooong journey to meet the President starts.
Will he be able?


PS: while watching this film, I cried since the beginning till the end of it, it really touches us. Well, every movie by Karan Johar are really very emotional, but this one is THE ONE! It's a must...

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário